As usual, I don’t wait to finish one project before starting another; I was inspired by Pastime Historical Dance activities to make a 15th Century kirtle. Having got Phil to help with the measurements – it’s hard to measure your own back, I first drew the pattern shapes on to the last remaining length of some old cotton sheeting.
This was quite a challenge, as I am not exactly the shape anticipated by the sketch (ahem), but eventually I got the pieces cut out. The bust looked a bit odd, though.
Having done a rough fitting, and adjusted said bust, I cut out the pieces from the main fabric.
The next step will be to stitch the pieces together!
That undergarment is a (fairly) modern nightie – my Tudor chemise is too bulky to fit under. That’s a problem for another day.